Thursday, May 2, 2013

Cinco de Mayo 2013: Menu and Tablescape Inspiration

Mr. Cool and I are hosting Cinco de Mayo dinner on Sunday night, so it's time to kick the planning into high gear. I love that both St. Patrick's Day and Cinco de Mayo fall on Sundays this year. There's nothing better than whipping up Sunday dinner and inviting a few friends over before the start of a long week.

I plan to keep the table decor simple with striped linens and pops of bright color in the napkins. I purchased a few items of paper decor (fans and a papel picado banner) to dress up our dining area. I'm going to reuse my candle holders from Easter, and anchor the place settings with wooden napkin holders.

{Bottom Row}: Fiesta table runner, Hobnail vintage glass candle holders, Striped placemats

Now onto the main event - the food! The plan is to keep the menu somewhat traditional with staples like guacamole and margaritas (the cherry beer margaritas I served on Super Bowl Sunday were a huge hit!) Since we will have a few meat-eaters among us, I'm going to break out of my comfort zone and make grilled fish tacos. Vegetarian/vegan sides will include stuffed poblano peppers and tomato corn salad. I'm hoping to whip up a fun dessert, too, like these cheesecake flans!

  {Left Column}: Grilled fish tacos
{Middle Column}: Cheesecake flan, Guacamole
{Right Column}: Cherry beer margaritas, Stuffed poblano peppers in mole sauce, corn salad

Will you be celebrating Cinco de Mayo this year? 

3 comments:

  1. What great inspiration! I really, really love those vintage candle holders too. I'm also really intrigued by that cheesecake flan recipe, you'll have to let us know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! I love your decor ideas, and your menu sounds delicious, especially with a fun dessert like cheesecake flan. I would love to try one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green Coffee Bean The Fast Fat Burning Miracle Pill

    Green Coffee Bean Max is a revolutionary new weight loss supplement clinically proven to boost metabolism, balance blood sugar levels and double weight loss results.

    This hugely popular weight loss wonder has received roaring coverage by celebrities such as Dr. Oz, and is now available at http://goo.gl/QF9u9

    ReplyDelete