Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Weekend in Review, Vol. 93

I've enjoyed some time off from this blog, but every now and then I get the itch to post again. Did everyone enjoy the long weekend? Mr. Cool and I made the most of it by heading up to Santa Rosa on Saturday to celebrate my brother's birthday at Stark's Steakhouse. Everyone enjoyed their meals, and the birthday boy was excited to celebrate with his girlfriend and our family.

On Sunday, we came back to the city in time for Mrs. O's girl's night out/Great Gatsby party. Mrs. O kicked things off right with mint juleps and stuffed mushroom appetizers. I had a ton of fun putting together a 1920s-themed outfit, complete with knotted pearls, fishnet tights and a feather headpiece. We enjoyed a delicious Peruvian dinner at Fresca before heading out to the movie theater. The Sundance Kabuki theater near our apartment has a bar, so we were able to enjoy a couple of bottles of rose while we watched the movie, which was amazing. We closed the night out with more drinks at Wild Hare.

I spent most of Sunday recovering, but with Mr. Cool's encouragement was able to make it to the gym for a long swim on Sunday night. I managed to swim one mile without stopping - impressive considering the shenanigans I got into the night before!

Amazing creme brulee with caramel corn dessert at Stark's Steakhouse on Saturday

 A special dessert for the birthday boy

My mom and I did a bit of shopping in San Francisco on Saturday afternoon 

Gatsby!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. That dessert looks amazing! Love the earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a fun weekend! The Gatsby party sounds awesome. I saw the movie over the weekend, too, and absolutely loved it. Now I want to go back and reread the book again, since I can appreciate the story much more now than I could in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Alexis bittar are too fun! It is awesome that you still got to swim one mile (I need to take advantage of the pool in our complex!)

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green Coffee Bean The Fast Fat Burning Miracle Pill

    Green Coffee Bean Max is a revolutionary new weight loss supplement clinically proven to boost metabolism, balance blood sugar levels and double weight loss results.

    This hugely popular weight loss wonder has received roaring coverage by celebrities such as Dr. Oz, and is now available at http://goo.gl/QF9u9

    ReplyDelete
  5. Share these videos with as many people as you can. They must go viral.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQLlZoyphsc&feature=youtu.be

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHkGZvC0z4I

    It is time that people started waking up to what is around them.

    ReplyDelete